Lots of Things going on

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Japanese Anime: A Tutorial

For those who have been excised from the learning process on the extensive genre of Japanese Anime, I was reminded of the form's tendencies during a viewing of "Tamala 2010" last night at Landmark's Ken Theater. A rundown:

1) Female character seduces people in child-like way
2) Female character proves to be a form of robot or protean alien-being with infinite power and knowledge
3) Untold destruction ensues, with melted bodies and the alien-knowledge-girl-thing attaining innocent destructive omnipotence
4) Limbs melt off
5) Life returns to normal; a bird flies

Our iteration involved a cuddly cat-person from CatEarth.
So, save yourself the trouble. Or, create your own anime!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I've been a writer in Hollywood, in San Diego, and in New York. I've written screenplays, plays, novels, videogames, and magazine articles—and now, here I am on a blog.