Lots of Things going on

Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Strange Condition:
Pete Yorn, alt-rock rising star, went to my summer camp, Camp Na-Sho-Pa. I was a waiter with him.
I remember, vaguely, having conversations with him, but I don't know what about. If I remember him correctly, he seemed like a nice guy. I think he used to play guitar back then.

He had short hair then.

I also spoke to Heiner Muller, dead avant-garde German playwright. He guest-taught a class in college. That wasn't bad.
Joyce Carol Oates taught me fiction. She is unusual and a gifted eccentric, and as far as I know has no phone or email.
And I met pitcher Barry Zito, who's a cousin of a friend of mine. We all had noodles together before he was drafted and became famous.
And...Bruce Springsteen is my haircutter.
George Lucas delivers my mail every Tuesday.
I licked the hand of Christina Aguilera when she was talking soap opera trivia with me.
Walter Cronkite is my caddy when I golf in Temecula.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I've been a writer in Hollywood, in San Diego, and in New York. I've written screenplays, plays, novels, videogames, and magazine articles—and now, here I am on a blog.