Lots of Things going on

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

OK, more college students being sued across the nation by our music industry:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/04/28/downloading.music.ap/index.html
I say fuck the music industry. I say we boycott them.
This is absurd. College students sharing songs, being sued for $3000 each.
Feeling like your art is being compromised, being stolen, is one thing. I understand that concern. But never in a history of popular art that spans centuries can I remember a ritualized suing campaign taxing middle-level consumers of a product for abusing product rights in this fashion.

I know there are people who are pirating internationally, who pose a much greater threat to the music industry than these highly-visible, scapegoat students. The music suits choose to string up their potential consumers, thus guaranteeing the birth of a generation of young adults hell-bent on the music industry's destruction.

Better be careful, RIAA. Abuse them today, and they'll come back when you're old to spit on your grave.

If you're a major-label artist, I feel pity on you. You've come into a system that sucks and is guaranteed to be overhauled in painful fashion.

Make it clear: I oppose piracy. But this is not the way to fight it. Be like Apple, not like the profiteering shits you clearly are.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I've been a writer in Hollywood, in San Diego, and in New York. I've written screenplays, plays, novels, videogames, and magazine articles—and now, here I am on a blog.