Lots of Things going on

Saturday, May 06, 2006

E3, Here I Come

I sit in JFK Airport as I write this, Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee in hand, laptop at the ready. My Burbank flight on JetBlue awaits. Ahead of me is a solid week in Los Angeles, covering video games for Maxim. Along the way I'll attend Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony press conferences, rock out at some parties, possibly receive a free phone, have dinner with Dolby, and listen to Will Wright wax poetic on his upcoming wacko-cool game, Spore.

I'll also be interviewing Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima, creator-gods of Super Mario/Zelda/All Things Nintendo and Metal Gear Solid, respectively.

Didn't bring my PSP, as Sony recommended, but my DS sure as heck is here. Sorry, Sony...Nintendo's games are just much more fun right now. Kirby Canvas Curse is the best game I never played last year.

By the way...car rental in Los Angeles is so much insanely less expensive than New York. $150 for a week, as opposed to nearly $100 a day.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I've been a writer in Hollywood, in San Diego, and in New York. I've written screenplays, plays, novels, videogames, and magazine articles—and now, here I am on a blog.