Blogs scare me.
They scare me because, unlike the old days of new media, blogs are being read by everybody. Because they publish so quickly. Because they take your thoughts and broadcast them. Because there are no censors. Because there's no fact-checking. Because accountability is so high, yet so mutable. I could change any statement made on here instantly. There's no permanence. There's no hard copy. There's no original.
Also, should I be honest? Because if I were truly honest, how many people would I offend? Friends, family? Businesses? Associates?
What is the line between professional and personal?
I could tell you, right now, something honest and revealing. To any of those listening. But I'd be more vulnerable than I would be under an umbrella of fiction, because fiction at least claims an innocence from the artist. This pseudo-reality we call the blogosphere, or blog kingdom, or information avalanche, is really a different sort of half-thing.
An idea occurred to me: perhaps I should have a pseudonym. Or a pseudoblog. Or, maybe I make this blog a different project: an encyclopedia of my own entries, a self-referential sort of set of observations about the known universe as I've seen it.
OK, cut the bullshit. My revealing moment:
- I once got an erection while riding a donkey.
Now, is that true or false?
Lots of Things going on
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2009
(1)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)
-
►
2008
(3)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (1)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (1)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (1)
-
▼
2006
(29)
- ► 07/09 - 07/16 (1)
- ► 07/02 - 07/09 (3)
- ► 06/25 - 07/02 (1)
- ► 06/18 - 06/25 (1)
- ► 05/21 - 05/28 (2)
- ► 05/07 - 05/14 (3)
- ► 04/30 - 05/07 (5)
- ► 04/16 - 04/23 (3)
- ► 04/09 - 04/16 (1)
- ► 02/19 - 02/26 (2)
- ► 02/12 - 02/19 (4)
-
►
2005
(42)
- ► 09/25 - 10/02 (1)
- ► 07/24 - 07/31 (2)
- ► 07/17 - 07/24 (2)
- ► 07/10 - 07/17 (1)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (5)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (1)
- ► 05/22 - 05/29 (2)
- ► 05/15 - 05/22 (1)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (2)
- ► 05/01 - 05/08 (3)
- ► 04/24 - 05/01 (5)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (6)
- ► 04/10 - 04/17 (9)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (2)
-
►
2004
(114)
- ► 09/12 - 09/19 (1)
- ► 08/15 - 08/22 (1)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (5)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (1)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (4)
- ► 06/13 - 06/20 (9)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (10)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (2)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (5)
- ► 05/16 - 05/23 (17)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (11)
- ► 05/02 - 05/09 (7)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (14)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (11)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (10)
- ► 04/04 - 04/11 (6)
-
►
2002
(26)
- ► 07/07 - 07/14 (1)
- ► 06/30 - 07/07 (1)
- ► 06/09 - 06/16 (1)
- ► 05/12 - 05/19 (1)
- ► 04/28 - 05/05 (5)
- ► 04/21 - 04/28 (12)
- ► 04/14 - 04/21 (4)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (1)
About Me
- Scott Stein
- I've been a writer in Hollywood, in San Diego, and in New York. I've written screenplays, plays, novels, videogames, and magazine articles—and now, here I am on a blog.