Lots of Things going on

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Time to Think About the Future

Today's dictate to you all is look forward.

Think about the future. Think about what comes next, I mean. The Next Big Thing. Look beyond our politics, our technology, our fads. See to the level beyond the next level. Be unafraid to take big leaps.

I think we've suffered lately in science fiction and good, inspiring (or frightening) visions of the future. It takes an eye on the present and an eye disregarding the present to accomplish that. We are moving forward very fast right now, but to just ride the wave is to do disservice to our role in shaping our future, not just being passengers to it.

So, today, dream. Dream about a new world, a strange place. Read something new. Be fascinated. And think big.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I've been a writer in Hollywood, in San Diego, and in New York. I've written screenplays, plays, novels, videogames, and magazine articles—and now, here I am on a blog.