Lots of Things going on

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Um...Bar Codes on People?

It's articles like this that make me realize that we are gleefully ignoring all sci-fi signpost warnings.

"What do you do with Semacodes? In theory, you can stick a Semacode on any physical object about which people want more information. At San Francisco Bay Area transit stops, people have pasted Semacodes linking to real-time arrival information from NextBus. This week, the art group etoy will issue Semacoded uniforms to 500 children participating in its etoy.Day-Care-2 project at the Nieuwe Domeinen arts and architecture festival in Amsterdam. A quick scan of the uniform would link to the children's Web page with real-time information about them."
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,63493,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2

Neat idea, chilling execution.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I've been a writer in Hollywood, in San Diego, and in New York. I've written screenplays, plays, novels, videogames, and magazine articles—and now, here I am on a blog.