Lots of Things going on

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Now reading: A Confederacy of Dunces.
I am excited to get into this for the obvious reason that the book has been acclaimed so many times, and yet I have avoided it. Also, it covers New Orleans - a town I'm fascinated with but have never visited before.

They all speak like New Yorkers there. How did that happen, exactly? I guess the Dutch background? That sounds like good BS. "It's the Dutch." I may be right.

The last four books I've read:

The Dark Tower IV, Wizard and Glass - PASS
The Fountainhead - read
Cryptonomicon - PASS
Pattern Recognition - read

I have a great deal of obscure books on my shelves, but I must get through these popular reads now and be done with them. The side stuff can come later. I'm looking forward to reading a book about the Philosophy of Holes that Mac Wellman suggested I check out.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I've been a writer in Hollywood, in San Diego, and in New York. I've written screenplays, plays, novels, videogames, and magazine articles—and now, here I am on a blog.